The Scottish Council on Archives (SCA) is looking for volunteers to join a new records management working group. We would like to hear from records managers and archivists from both the private and public sectors as well as anyone who has responsibility for records management within their organisations.
The working group will discuss and identify key issues affecting the sector and will help develop a capacity-building and advocacy programme. The group will meet online and the commitment should be no more than three meetings in the first year.
Responsibilities and activities of the working group may include:
- Reviewing existing records management practices and policies in Scotland.
- Identifying areas for improvement and recommending best practices.
- Conducting research and gathering information on emerging trends in records management.
- Developing guidelines for digitisation, preservation, and access to records.
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, the private sector, cultural institutions, and community organisations.
- Organising workshops, seminars, and training programs to raise awareness and build capacity in records management.
- Providing input and advice on legislation and policies related to records management.
If you are interested in joining the Scottish Records Management Working Group, please send us a brief statement of interest highlighting your relevant experience, skills, and why you would like to be part of this initiative. Applications should be sent to the SCA Director, John Pelan (email@example.com) by Friday 30 June.