We have intentionally organised our first event to take place in Glasgow on Wednesday 10 November 2021, during COP26 (Conference of the Parties 26) and want to take this opportunity to look at community archives and heritage projects and learn how we can engage with critical questions around the environment and sustainability. Community archives and heritage groups have a unique connection with their environment, linking people and places. They are keen to find solutions while also striving to meet international ambitions on climate change and caring for their communities. During the Covid 19 crisis, the resilience of communities has been on full display. This networking event will inform and inspire us to lead on the challenges of adapting to thrive in this age of change.
Heritage & local environment (place) * Community heritage, climate change & sustainable futures
Countryside & Change * Volunteering Initiatives * Benefits of a Digital Archive
Environmental Issues & Solutions * Activities & outreach around sustainability * Food Heritage
New developments and changes in our collecting policies * Wellbeing & healthier communities
We want to hear from you. Here’s how to get involved.
Submit an idea for one or more of the actions (A- E) listed below. Proposals should include a 100-word outline and any title. Group presentations welcomed. Please email all proposals, or any questions to Audrey Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 September 2021.
- PowerPoint presentation (15-20 minutes)
- Have a suggestion for a workshop or panel discussion (typically 45 minutes);
- Display an A2 Poster, showcasing your heritage group. We can provide guidelines, templates and examples of posters, and will print it for you. It’s something for you to keep for other outreach events. Please contact us to discuss possibilities.
- Take part in ‘One Minute Mayhem’ – a 60-second ‘soap-box’ opportunity to share your news and views on any aspect of community archives. It’s fun and informative.
- Be part of our Pop-Up Display – space available for stands to showcase your cause or group.
With your help, we will create an exciting and memorable day of talks and exchange plenty of ideas. We are keen to hear from both heritage professionals and grass-root members. Joint presentations are welcome. Please share this invitation to others who might be interested in sharing their experiences.