The Archives and Records Management Services Quality Improvement framework (ARMS) is a tool that can provide you with the support necessary to focus on key outcomes and performance indicators right across the full range of archives and records management services. It is flexible and allows the user to choose the service area/s of immediate importance to the organisation. You can learn more about the framework here.
Why use ARMS?
- Rigorously tested, collaborative and flexible tool
- Meet legislative and governance requirements (Public Records (Scotland) Act, 2011)
- Meet Archive Service Accreditation Standard requirements
- Focus on your priorities, pressures and challenges
- Identify weaknesses and generate an improvement plan
- Build on strengths and raise the profile of your service
- Endorsed by the National Records of Scotland, Quality Scotland and the Scottish Information Commissioner’s Office as a comprehensive self-improvement tool for record keeping organisations.
New Online Platform
The Scottish Council on Archives and Quality Scotland have developed a new online platform for ARMS with refreshed guidance, improved reporting functions and a video tour.
Registration to use the online tool is £150 plus VAT per annum. This includes:
- Set up of organisational administration access.
- Unlimited number of users from within the registered organisation
- Protection of data through daily backups.
- Maintenance and updates to the toolkit.
- Help or guidance on using the toolkit.
A PDF version of the framework is also available, free of charge, as an alternative to the online tool.
If you are considering using ARMS and have any questions, please contact email@example.com