- This event has passed.
SCA Annual Members Meeting
4 December 2018 13:30 - 15:45
Time & Date: 4 December 2018, 13:30-14:00 (AMM), 14:00-15:45 (Presentations)
Location: Lord Clerk Register’s Room, General Register House, Edinburgh, EH1 3YY (Map)
AMMs are a wonderful opportunity to network with colleagues from across the sector in Scotland and beyond. You will be able to hear directly from our Chair, Trustees and those responsible for delivering our vision of leading Scotland’s archives and records management community to inform and inspire the nation.
The AMM will immediately be followed by two presentations: Tim Gollins (National Records of Scotland) will provide an overview of web archiving and its future, and Victoria Stobo (University of Liverpool, and SCA Trustee) will provide an update on copyright, the work of WIPO, and the possible implications of Brexit.
To register for the AMM please complete this short form, here.
- Election of Trustees
- Draft Minutes of Previous Meeting (28.09.2017)
- Report by the Chair on the activities of the SCIO
- Report of the independent financial examiner and receiving of the annual accounts of the SCIO
- Appointment of the independent financial examiner
- Special Resolution to amend Clause 6.6.1 of the SCIO Constitution to say: “The quorum for a Members’ Meeting shall be 12 Members, present in person in terms of Clause 6.8 (or, if an organisation, via its Authorised Representative or Depute in terms of Clause 5.2). No business shall be dealt with at any Members’ Meeting other than the appointment of the Chairman of the Meeting in terms of Clause 6.5, unless a quorum is present.”
- Date of next AMM: Thursday 26 September 2019
- Any other competent business.
A. No Proxies are permitted.
B. Each Member of the SCIO is able to attend and speak at any Members’ Meeting and shall have one vote.
C. Three serving trustees are required to retire at this fourth AMM, though are permitted to stand again for office. Nominations for new trustees were sought prior to the AMM, and new appointments will be made. If the number of all current and potential trustees, exceeds 12, those in attendance at the AMM will be called to vote.
D. A full meeting of the new board of trustees will occur subsequently to elect the Chair.