Benefits to Business
Archives can be used in many ways to support active business and industry and a business archive is a business asset, providing evidence and proof of business transactions, translating into new brands and products, allowing a business to trade on its heritage. By keeping archives, businesses capture today’s experience, knowledge and business know-how for future use.
- Contain information vital for business continuity and are necessary to meet both short and long-term legal obligations.
- Provide internal information relating to an organisation’s successes and failures which are used to inform the thinking of current business leaders.
- Drive competitive advantage and support and inspire business and product development.
- Can be exploited as part of Corporate Social Responsibility projects.
- Aid marketing and decision making as well as providing evidence for legal and brand protection.