Crowd-Sourced Transcription Project Call
Release Date: 12 December 2016
They are looking for projects to help them test and expand the remit of their text transcription tools.
From their call for proposals:
- We are looking for projects that harness crowdsourced text transcription for the purposes of unlocking big data currently trapped in GLAM sources that cannot be machine read, and for which human effort is truly necessary.
- The data extracted must have an audience or usefulness, be this to academic researchers, members of the public or both.
- Your material must be imaged or there must be funds available to image it. We are not able to fund imaging.
- Project teams need clear plans for how to make the crowdsourced data openly and publicly available, ideally through a content management system (CMS) or site hosted and maintained by your institution.
- We will not accept projects for which the material has previously been edited, i.e. the novels of Jane Austen.
If you have suitable projects which you believe would benefit from Zooniverse's resources, head over to their website to find out more.